Text des Monats April - Stefan Siller

Film review: THE LORD OF THE RINGS

Before I start with my review, I’ll try to explain you the plot of the film. It is about Frodo who gets the ring of Sauron and it is a very exciting story about him trying to destroy the ring, because in the ring is the power of Sauron and if he gets the ring, he can’t be stopped anymore. The good thing is, most of the humans, the Elbs, the dwarfs and most of the magicians use all their power to help Frodo on his way. At the end of every single part – there are three – is a giant battle but I won’t tell you about the ending.

Now to my review: All in all it is a very good film (perhaps that’s the reason why the first part won four and the third part even eleven Oscars!). But for people who are thinking about the details, there are some questions to be answered. I am writing this without connecting “The Hobbit”, because some of my readers won’t know this film.

The questions are for example: Who are the blue magicians? In the story they never appeared and nobody knew their names or their powers. Or another one: The human clan “Rohan” is very well known because of their horses and riders. But when you see Rohan there aren’t any troops and no big army. There are only around one hundred banned ones. I don’t understand that. And now to my most important question: Where are all the dwarfs?! The only one you know is Gimli but he had talked about the many dwarfs inside the mountains. However at last there weren’t any anywhere. So this was my review. Even if it was more like a questionnaire of a lazy fan, I think, all these questions are important.

Stefan Siller, 3b